Thursday, June 27, 2013

The dietitian was smaller than me

Yesterday I went to see the dietitian and have been put on a "no feed" diet *cries*
I have been given these nutritional drinks called Fortisip to have instead. They are high in calories, vitamins and full of all the stuff you want if you are malnourished. They are going to allow my belly to have a bit of a rest and hopefully allow me to gain weight, if not at least maintain it. I have lost a kilo just in the last week and am down to 48.8 kilos. For those of you who know me I am 5'9 and never usually a big person to begin with, but this is way too small, I'm feeling all skin and bones and really unattractive. A recent thing that has been happening lately, is that my hair has been falling out because I'm not getting the nutrients I need. Here's hoping these drinks help otherwise next time you see me I will be bald!

Downside of only having the Fortisip is that I've still been feeling hungry and every time someone mentions food I lose my train of thought. I've decided I am going to have little bits of food when I can manage it, like last night I had half a wrap which was nice and soft and filled the void, and didn't make me feel yuck at all. WINNING!

Second downside…the cost $$$
While you may be thinking..Holly you said you were given these drinks?! I was given enough to last me until my $249 prescription gets filled and delivered.
But you gotta do what ya gotta do I'm afraid! If this makes me healthier and less likely to get an infection post surgery then I am keen.

I am yet to go near the tropical flavour drinks I have been given to try. I do not want a milky like tropical drink unless it is a pina colada thank you very much.

Also the dietitian was tinier than me and I felt really awkward asking her for advice on how to gain weight. I can assure you she was a perfectly healthy person but I still felt weird!

Love to you all

Holly X

No comments:

Post a Comment